UTICA – If you’re looking to have fun while supporting a good cause at the same time, a new game unveiled at the Fitness Mill Health and Wellness Expo on Friday just might be for you.
Utica Monopoly is now available for order at the expo for an introductory price of $45, with proceeds going to Abraham House in Utica, which provides hospice comfort care free of charge.
The game is just like the one you grew up playing, but with familiar spaces on the board and familiar game pieces, including Trax, Utica College’s moose mascot.
Parker Brothers was involved in the game’s creation.
“I had to write a full bio on the city to get this approved," said Jeana Nicotera, brand consultant for Cooley Group. "They do about seven of these a year; this is not just you get to send them money and they’ll make one for your city. This is a pretty big deal. We’re very proud of it.”
- City of Utica Monopoly unveiled at Boilermaker expo
- Boilermaker 101: Expo, parking, course maps & more
- Boilermaker unveils new mobile app
- Boilermaker weekend kicks off with Health and Wellness Expo
- Boilermaker Road Race unveils 2018 logo, new 15K sponsor
- Healthy for Good Expo underway at Utica College, despite storm
- Utica City Budget
- Running the Boilermaker? Get into the Utica Zoo for free
- Event information for Utica National Kids' Run on Boilermaker weekend
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Boilermaker 2017