CLINTON- The Clinton Fire Department Car Show and Brook's Chicken BBQ brought hundreds to the Village Green on Sunday. In attendance were 165 different cars showcasing their beauty. The cars on the Green ranged from old to new with every model in between.
The Clinton Fire Department also celebrated its 151st year of all Volunteer fire service to the community. According to one firefighter, the car show and barbecue is the largest fundraiser for the organization.
“This is the biggest turnout we have ever had here,” said Bill Huther, Clinton firefighter. “This is the first year that we had to actually turn away cars, which is probably due to the beautiful weather.”
The weather on Sunday reached a high of 77 degrees Fahrenheit. One thing the heat did not stop was the amount of Brook’s Chicken which was sold.
“We had over 1,000 chickens,” said Huther. “And let me tell you they sold out quick.”
The next fundraiser for the Clinton Fire Department will be on October 21st, in the village of Clinton.
- Clinton Enjoys BBQ and Car Show
- Mug Club: Clinton Car Show & BBQ
- Downtown Utica Enjoys Free Concert
- Gun show at Clinton Arena cancelled
- Mug Club: Maynard Fire Department Chicken BBQ
- Masons hold chicken BBQ in Westmoreland
- Mug Club: Deerfield Fire Department Chicken BBQ
- Mug Club: Your Neighbors Inc. Chicken BBQ
- Be Local BBQ highlights local products
- Sitrin Star enjoying experience at Paralympics