WASHINGTON MILLS- With record breaking temperatures upon us car repair shops are seeing an increase in the number of cars they see. At Nimey’s Auto Repair in Washington Mills, several dozen car batteries have been replaced just in the past few days.
“I’ve been doing this for about 35 years and we see the same thing about every year,” said Joe Nimey, owner of Nimey’s Auto Repair.
Nimey said, each year he sees cars coming in and out of the shop with car battery troubles. He also said, he sees an increase in fluids being changed as well. As for battery troubles he has a few tips.
“You should have your battery check periodically before the season starts but your batteries should be good for about 4 to 5 years,” said Nimey. “And if you’re at that 5-year stage I would change the battery just to save yourself the service job or tow job.”
The experts at Nimey’s also suggest to have your fluids changed, fluid lines replaced, and also to never use cheap windshield wiper fluid.
“What we see more of nowadays is when it gets cold out people use cheaper windshield washer fluid, and the reservoir freezes up and then splits and cracks,” said Nimey.
- Cold Temps Freeze Up Batteries
- Thaw and freeze, thaw and freeze
- Flash freeze Thursday night
- Freezing Rain Timeline
- Freezing temperatures and your plumbing
- Pockets of Freezing Rain Friday
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Freezing Rain and Windy Conditions Sunday Morning
- Freezing Rain Possible Saturday Afternoon and Night
- Near Record Cold Friday