ROME- Gregory Mignot III, 10, is fighting osteosarcoma, a form of cancer that affects the bone.
Gregory takes trips out to Syracuse several times a week for treatment which makes it hard for his father, Greg Mignot Jr., to keep working.
Friends put together a fundraiser at the Stanwix Veterans and Men's Club in Rome to help the family pay for medical expenses.
"Sometimes in life when you have downs and you lose hope, something like this restores hope," said Greg Mignot Jr. "It brings our spirits up and it helps keep us happy," he added.
Members with the Rome Police and Fire departments stopped by to show their support.
- Community comes together to help 10-year-old boy with cancer
- 10-year-old busts bullies with powerful song
- Dancing through cancer
- Immunotherapy shows lung cancer promise
- Adirondack Community Pride Day
- California judge rules coffee requires cancer warning
- Honoring dogs as caretakers for cancer patients
- Firefighter cancer registry bill nears final passage
- New guidelines: Colon cancer screening at 45
- Section III Boys Lacrosse Tournaments