(May 5, 2017)
UTICA, N.Y. – Day 10 of the Kaitlyn Conley murder trial is underway in Oneida County Court on Friday, May 5.
Conley, 24, of Sauquoit, is accused of using the gout medicine Colchicine to poison her chiropractor boss, Dr. Mary Yoder, to death in July 2015.
More than 30 prosecution witnesses have testified already. The first witness called to the stand Friday was Anthony Martino, director of the Northeast Cyber Forensics Center at Utica College.
Martino has top secret government clearance and he was a member of the U.S. Secret Service for nine years.
Martino explained that deleted data on electronic devices is not permanently deleted. While users believe it is gone permanently, it's really only creating more space on the device. However, deleted data is not always recovered complete and intact.
To follow along with live court coverage of Day 10, visit: Conley Trial: Week 2, Day 5
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of day 10 in court
- Conley Trial: Follow live court coverage of Day 8
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of day 11 in court
- Conley Trial: Follow live court coverage of Day 12
- Conley Trial: Live coverage of Day 5 in court
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of closing arguments
- Conley Trial: Live court coverage as week 2 begins
- Conley Trial: Live courtroom coverage of Day 7