The Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce has received a $100,000 state grant to help fund improvements to the chamber’s visitors’ center, state Sen. James Seward announced today.
Improvements to the visitors’ center that will be part of the capital project include: historical signage, window restoration, building expansion and landscaping, improved entrance and stairs, newly configured bathrooms, and additional features that will meet the guidelines for the Americans with Disabilities Act.
“This grant will help us complete much needed work at the visitors’ center and kiosk, dramatically improving the visitor experience for the thousands that travel to Cooperstown each year. We cannot thank Senator Seward enough for awarding this grant,” said Matt Hazzard, executive director of the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce, in a news release.
The grant is part of the state’s Economic Development Assistance Program and it’s administered through the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York.
“Cooperstown plays a central role in our region’s economy and the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce is crucial to so many activities that take place in the village,” Seward said in the news release. “The visitors’ center is a key point of contact, connecting chamber businesses with local consumers and tourists from around the world. This $100,000 state grant is an investment that will ensure that the century-old Cooperstown Chamber continues as a catalyst to help local businesses thrive while serving as a true gateway to everyone who sets foot in the historic village.”
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce receives $100K state grant
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce celebrates 50th anniversary
- Seward secures $1 million grant for Doubleday Field in Cooperstown
- Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce calling for ethics reform in NY
- New owner of 'Herb' Philipson's introduced at Chamber of Commerce meeting
- Cooperstown Says Goodbye to Graduates
- Proposed parking plan in Cooperstown
- E-Commerce vs. Local Shopping
- Work on $1.2M project continues in Cooperstown
- New flag pole installed in Cooperstown