UPDATE: The chief of the Western Fire Department says three dogs were rescued and two cats died in the house fire on Stokes-Westernville Road in the town of Western Sunday night.
Two of the three residents were home at the time, and they made it out safely, according to the chief.
Officials are still investigating the cause of the fire, but they say the area the fire started was in the back of the house.
WESTERN – Two people are being assisted by the local American Red Cross following a house fire on Stokes-Westernville Road Sunday night.
The fire was first reported after 11 p.m. Sunday. When NEWSChannel 2 crews arrived, a portion of Stokes-Westernville Road was blocked off.
The fire appeared to be at a home set back from the road, near 6604 Stokes-Westernville Road, but our crews were unable to get close to the scene.
Western, Lake Delta and Lee Center fire departments were all called to the scene, where they remained until the early morning hours on Monday. Tankers were seen filling up near Stokes Elementary School.
The Red Cross says their volunteers provided immediate emergency aid to two adults following the fire, including financial assistance for necessities such as shelter, food and clothing.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: 3 dogs rescued, 2 cats died in Western house fire
- 2 dogs killed, 2 dogs rescued in Dolgeville house fire
- Firefighter injured, dog dies in Rome house fire
- UPDATE: Family dog killed in Frankfort house fire
- Neighbors rescue man from roof of house fire in Ilion
- Yorkville woman dies from injuries sustained in house fire
- UPDATE: Red Cross helping victims of Rome house fire
- UPDATE: Rome house a total loss following fire on Thursday
- UPDATE: Rome house deemed a total loss after fire
- UPDATE: Kitten successfully rescued from transformer in Rome