Photo Gallery 1 Images
Oneonta, N.Y. - Hartwick College has hired a new Athletic Director, announced Monday.
John P. Czarnecki has been tapped to take over the Director of Athletics and Chair of Physical Education position at the school.
He was previously at Hilbert College where he served as their Athletic Director for five years, and was the youngest NCAA Division III AD in the country at the time.
In his new position, the Poughkipsee native will oversee 16 NCAA Division III programs.
"During my visits to Oneonta, I realized early on that athletics is a very important part of the Hartwick community," said Czarnecki. "Whether it was the administration, faculty, staff, or students that I had the opportunity to meet with, they all exhibited a level of passion for Hartwick that made me feel very comfortable and excited to have this opportunity to work alongside them."
He will begin the new position on July 18.
- Czarnecki named new Hartwick Athletic Director
- Hartwick College program will groom Peace Corps volunteers
- Town of Hartwick to receive $52,000 in federal funding
- Hartwick College men's soccer moving to Division III, women's water polo dropped
- $300K grant from The Clark Foundation to benefit Hartwick College nursing program
- Colgate introduces new Vice President and Director of Athletics
- NewsTalk: Abigail's Athletes
- Royal baby name announced
- New beginnings, new names
- Technical Media Producer (Director & Master Control)