UTICA – The deadline to apply for the city of Utica’s Firefighter-EMT exam is close of business on Friday, March 16.
It costs $25 for Utica residents to apply for the exam, and $50 for non-residents. The exam will be given on April 21, and it consists of four parts: a written exam, candidate physical ability test, medical exam and psychological evaluation.
To be eligible to take the exam, you must be a legal resident of New York State, and preference may be given to city of Utica residents. Prospective candidates must be at least 19 years old in order to take the exam, and 20 years old in order to be appointed to the position. A high school diploma or GED is also required.
The list of eligible candidates from this exam will be used to fill any vacancies as they open for the city of Utica’s Department of Safety, Bureau of Fire. The salary for the firefighter-EMT position is $41,361.
For more information about the exam and how to apply, click here.
- Deadline Friday to apply for Utica's Firefighter-EMT exam
- Deadline approaches for Rome police exam
- NEWSTALK: GTD Deadline Friday
- Civil service exam deadline extended for Rome police officers
- Deadline Friday to sign up for Oneida County corrections officer exam
- Utica Dollars for Scholars deadline approaching
- Utica firefighter has court hearing
- Judge permits psychological exam for 'El Chapo'
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Tax filing deadline nears