WESTMORELAND – A Westmoreland man is facing a DWI charge after he allegedly crashed his vehicle last night and then fled the scene, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 10:08 p.m. Thursday, deputies responded to a one-car crash with unknown injuries on Stop Seven Road in the town of Westmoreland. When deputies arrived on scene the driver had already fled the area, but he was found a short time later and identified as 25-year-old Jack Jackson.
Deputies say an investigation found that Jackson was driving his 2016 Dodge Ram southbound on Stop Seven Road when he failed to keep right and left the east shoulder of the road. Jackson’s truck then struck a utility pole, a mailbox and then a fire hydrant before it came to a rest, according to deputies.
Jackson was transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by COCVAC for an evaluation. He was also charged with DWI, and he’s scheduled to appear in the Town of Westmoreland Court at a later date for the DWI charge and traffic violations.
New York State Police, the Westmoreland Fire Department and Central Oneida County Volunteer Ambulance Corps. assisted the Sheriff’s Office at the scene.
- Deputies: Westmoreland man charged with DWI after crashing truck, leaving scene
- Whitesboro woman charged with DWI following head-on crash in Westmoreland
- Westmoreland man found passed out behind wheel, charged with felony DWI
- Clayville man charged with Leandra's Law DWI after crashing truck into house
- Westmoreland man facing criminal trespass charge
- Gloversville man charged with DWI after crashing ARC van
- Trenton man charged with aggravated DWI following 2-vehicle crash
- Vernon crash leads to DWI and Weapon charges
- Ilion woman charged with DWI following 1-car crash
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser