CICERO - Onondaga County sheriff’s deputies are investigating after dive teams pulled a body from Oneida Lake late Tuesday night.
Authorities say a man was kayaking when he fell in the water near the Areo Marina in Cicero. A witness saw the man in distress and tried to call out to him, but he went under.
It took search teams hours of searching before they found the body of a man in his twenties. His name has not yet been released.
We will update this story as information becomes available.
- Deputies investigating after body is pulled from Oneida Lake
- Deputies investigating reported threat at Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office
- Mug Club: Schuyler Lake Truck Pulls
- Oneida County deputies ask for help identifying person
- Oneida County correction officer, deputy awarded for their service
- Oneida County Sheriff's office investigating Thanksgiving morning shooting
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office investigating National Grid phone scam
- State police still investigating 1973 death of Oneida Castle woman
- Investigation leads to drug bust near Oneida school