NEW HARTFORD – The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a reported threat at Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES in New Hartford.
Deputies say they responded to OHM BOCES, located at 4747 Middle Settlement Rd. in New Hartford, around 9:30 a.m. Thursday for a reported threat written in a bathroom.
School officials and the Sheriff’s Office’s school resource officers assigned to BOCES searched the building and determined it was safe.
Members of the Sheriff's Office's Criminal Investigation Unit also responded, and deputies say an investigation into the situation is ongoing. Anybody with information regarding the threat is asked to call Investigator Justin Copperwheat at 315-765-2767.
- Deputies investigating reported threat at Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES
- Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES superintendent to retire in June
- BOCES School safety summit
- Herkimer BOCES briefly evacuated for carbon monoxide alarm
- Herkimer BOCES students to build home for lucky winner
- Farmers markets in Oneida, Herkimer counties
- Herkimer BOCES, Central Valley postpone vote on purchase of Remington school building
- Possible sale of Remington Education Complex to Herkimer BOCES will exclude athletic fields
- Central Valley CSD may extend Remington school building lease to Herkimer BOCES
- Full list of primary elections in Oneida, Herkimer, Otsego, Madison counties