The team wore special purple uniforms and fans were encouraged to rock purple all for a great cause.
The March of Dimes is an organization that helps support premature babies and their families.
Laura Powers and her family had the honor of throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at Saturday's game.
This is a cause that is near and dear to her heart.
"Well, we fell in love with March of Dimes when our sons were born three months premature so they're miracles. Absolute miracles and we really appreciate all the work March of Dimes has done because without all of the research and science and funding. I don't know if these guys would be with us right now at 4 years old."
As for the matchup between the DiamondDawgs and Rapids, Mohawk Valley dropped a tough one 6-8 at home. They return to action Sunday evening in Albany.
- DiamondDawgs host Purple in the Park night
- The Utica Blue Sox host Pink the Park night
- Gold Star, Blue Star families added to Purple Heart Memorial Veterans Park
- WWII hero's lost Purple Heart returned to his family
- 'Night to Shine' prom night at MVCC
- Fort Stanwix hosting Mohawk River bike tour for Park Rx Day
- Snow returns Thursday night
- Flash freeze Thursday night
- Night owl health risks
- Mug Club: Relay Night