WASHINGTON (AP) - Donald Trump Jr. has arrived on Capitol Hill for a private interview as part of the House intelligence committee's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
The interview with President Donald Trump's eldest son comes as both the House and Senate intelligence panels are investigating a meeting that Trump Jr. and other Trump campaign officials held with Russians last year. They're also interested in messages Trump Jr. exchanged with WikiLeaks, the website that leaked emails from top Democratic officials during the campaign.
The interview is being held behind closed doors, and Trump Jr. arrived out of sight of cameras through a back entrance.
The Senate intelligence committee also hopes to interview Trump Jr. before the end of the year. He has already spoken to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Donald Trump Jr. in private interview with House panel
- Senate panel releases interview transcripts with Trump Jr.
- Police: Donald Trump Jr.'s wife exposed to white powder
- Trump FBI interview "likely"
- House panel investigating sex abuse in sports
- House intel panel releases final report on Russia probe
- Trump 'looking forward' to Mueller interview
- NY ends investments in private prisons, detention companies
- Honoring Martin Luther King Jr.
- WATCH: President Donald Trump speaks at Tenney's fundraiser in Utica