We have been very dry for the month of July. In total, our rainfall is 0.33 inches, when our average is 3.63 inches, so we have a rain a large deficit as were near the halfway point for the month. As a result of this we are very dry.
The lack of rain in combination with the warm temperatures has put the majority of our viewing area under abnormally dry conditions. During this time you can see short term dryness, the slowing of the growth of crops, and lingering water deficits. It is already starting to have an effect on boating season for some local lakes.
Western Oneida County and Western Lewis Counties are under a moderate drought. In this case, you can see crop failures, and the water supply is lower than usual. The next chance for rain looks to arrive by Saturday with some scattered showers. However rainfall totals from this at the moment are not looking impressive.
- Drought like conditions starting to arise
- As election day draws near, arguments arise over NYS constitutional convention
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Road conditions for the holiday weekend
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Freezing Rain and Windy Conditions Sunday Morning
- A Cold Start to 2018
- Winter storm causing slippery conditions on local roadways
- 104 animals in deplorable conditions seized from New Lisbon farm
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash