The Remsen Masonic Lodge presented local Olympian Erin Hamlin with the DeWitt Clinton award Friday evening.
Erin has been a great ambassador for the town and the Mohawk Valley.
This prestigious honor was given to Erin for her community service and a thank you for being such a great role model.
Erin said it's always special to be recognized by her home town, especially with her family by her side.
"Yeah it's always great. I know my grandfather is a longtime mason so to be able to share this moment with him is really cool. And yeah my whole family, well not my whole family cause they travel in large groups, but to have my parents and grandparents here is really cool.
Erin competed in her fourth and final Winter Olympics back in February.
- Erin Hamlin presented DeWitt Clinton Award
- Erin Hamlin back in NY
- Erin Hamlin says goodbye to Lake Placid
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics
- Rep. Claudia Tenney congratulates Erin Hamlin
- 4-time Olympian Erin Hamlin returns home
- Erin Hamlin returns home to hero's welcome
- Erin Hamlin thankful for family's support this Thanksgiving holiday
- When to watch local Olympians Erin Hamlin, Maddie Phaneuf
- Remsen Olympian Erin Hamlin featured in Cosmo article