There are flooding concerns over the next few days because of the rain that’s expected.
Flooding over some roadways is very likely, and although road closures can’t be predicted, you should always use caution when there is water visible in the roadways.
"When people do see, you know, road closed, or if they ever do approach standing water in the roadway, you do not know what the inegrity of the roadway is,” said Jim Piccola of the state Department of Transportation. "The best thing to do is to turn around and find an alternative way to get to where you want to go."
Just two weeks ago, the region dealt with some minor flooding in areas such as Mohawk Street in Whitestown and River Street in Oriskany due to melting snow and heavy rains.
Right now, the highest chance for flooding looks to be on Monday.
For the latest weather updates from the StormTracker 2 weather team, click here.
- Flooding concerns due to rain
- Heavy Rain Monday could lead to flooding
- Erie Canal Kids Run canceled due to weather concerns
- Self-driving car concerns
- Ice jams in Indian Creek pose flooding concerns for Little Falls residents
- Minor Flooding Possible Tuesday
- Risk for flooding Wednesday
- Oneida County Youth Fun and Fitness Run cancelled due to rain
- Tony Stewart's All-Star Visit to Utica-Rome Speedway cancelled due to rain