FORT DRUM, N.Y. (AP) - Soldiers from a division based in northern New York's Fort Drum are being deployed to Iraq this spring.
The Army announced Wednesday that the 10th Mountain Division Headquarters will replace 1st Armored Division Headquarters as part of a regular rotation of forces. The soldiers from the headquarters will help support of the Iraqi Security Forces in the fight against the Islamic State group.
Army officials would not say how large the deployment will be.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Drum soldiers to deploy to Iraq this spring
- Fort Drum soldier accused of raping child
- Fort Drum soldier being treated for gunshot wound in Syracuse
- Mug Club: 40th Drums Along the Mohawk
- NY State Police to deploy aerial drones across state
- Ancient artifacts seized from Hobby Lobby, returned to Iraq
- Feeling like early spring
- A spring to winter weekend
- Mug Club: UFA Spring Fling
- Flags lowered on state buildings to honor 4 killed in Iraq crash