(WILX) Imagine losing your fur-ever friend...then finding your pet over 100 miles away four years later.
That's exactly what happened to Bradley Weiferich after his dog Bam ran away from his Michigan home in 2014.
"Without the microchip she wouldn't be back with us today and with the condition she was in there's a very good chance she wouldn't be alive today", said Weiferich.
The pitbull owner said last Friday he received a phone call that he'll never forget.
"First I thought it was a prank phone call", Weiferich explained.
"I received a phone call about five minutes later from the microchip company Avid and when I received that phone call I knew that it was for real."
The Weiferich family packed up and drove to the Lucas County Canine Care and Control Animal Shelter in Toledo, Ohio where Bradley found his long lost dog emaciated and unrecognizable.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2IO2QXy
- Four years later, lost dog comes home
- Long lost dog comes home after 6 years
- 'Barking and entering' - Lost dog turns up inside family's home
- Volunteers drive lost dog 2,000 miles back home
- Lost family heirloom returns home 40 years later
- Dog reunited with owners after being lost nearly two years ago
- WATCH: Lost dog visiting from Baltimore reunited with owner
- The desperate search for injured veteran's lost service dog
- Dog lost for 8 days rescued on Florida Island
- Lost cat reunites with owner after 14 years