FRANKFORT, N.Y. -- An appointed budget officer for Frankfort claims there have been no surprises yet in combing through the town's finances.
Harold Hutton was appointed as a budget officer back in October. A month earlier, Joe Kinney stepped down as town supervisor after it was discovered that he failed to properly record Frankfort's finances for the past several years.
"We're making progress, we will be fine," Hutton said. "I do not have any results of any state audits, but the annual report to the state comptroller will be submitted on time. They usually require it probably by March 31st, but I expect it to be submitted before that."
Town officials maintain no funds were mismanaged during Kinney's tenure.
- Frankfort budget officer provides update on town finances
- State releases another audit focusing on Town of Frankfort's finances
- Frankfort Police Incident Update
- Glenn Asnoe elected Frankfort town supervisor
- UPD, DPW outline budget needs to Common Council finance committee
- Official results in for Frankfort Town Council race
- UPDATE: Missing Frankfort teen found in Utica
- UPDATE: Barn fire in Frankfort deemed accidental
- Frankfort Kiwanis celebrating 90 years
- UPDATE: Frankfort police confirm meth lab was found last night