LYONS, N.Y. (AP) - A fugitive who's wanted in North Carolina accidentally dialed 911 while he was in upstate New York, and he's now behind bars.
WHEC-TV in Rochester reports that deputies from the Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested 53-year-old Jesse Graham on Friday night in Lyons, a town east of Rochester.
Graham reportedly is wanted in Mooresville, North Carolina, on several unspecified charges.
He's being held in the Wayne County Jail awaiting to be transferred to North Carolina.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fugitive accidentally dials 911, officers take him to jail
- Canadarago Lake Drowning ruled accidental
- UPDATE: Barn fire in Frankfort deemed accidental
- Corrections officer accused of bringing marijuana into jail for inmates
- Man's death in state facility spurs call for 911 legislation
- Cops responding to 911 call find 4-foot gator in building
- Little Falls police confirm accidental gas leak caused explosion
- Yorkville fatal fire is ruled accidental, but investigation continues
- Herkimer Legislature moves forward on jail site
- Herkimer Police Department now utilizing county 911 Center for overnight calls