UTICA-The Grand Marshal for the 2018 St. Patrick's Day Parade will be Judy Weeks, who has been involved with the Irish community for several years.
Weeks has been involved in the Irish community all her life, she was actually born and raised Irish.
She started back in 2004 with the Irish Festival and was director for five years. She also directed the Saint Patrick's Day Parade for the past eight years.
She recently had a stroke, which she said forced her to cut back on her involvement. She told NEWSChannel 2 she feels honored to be leading such a big event.
"Due to circumstances I had to let go of a lot, but it's something that's in my heart and I love every minute of it, and I love the hundreds of people that I've met and worked very hard with," said Weeks. She added, "we've cried and we've laughed together and have done an amazing job, I think, for the community."
The Saint Patrick's Day Parade is schedule for March 17.
- Grand Marshal for Saint Patrick's Day Parade announced
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- GALLERY: 2018 St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Road closures, parking regulations for St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade set for 10AM Saturday
- Old Forge celebrates St. Patrick's Day with annual parade
- Parade Grand Marshal leads painting of the green line on Genesee Street
- Larry Fitzgerald named grand marshal for Boxing Hall's Parade of Champions
- Big crowd braves the cold for Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade