You can help keep local children and adults warm this winter by donating to the Herb Philipson’s coat drive.
From now through Sunday, you can drop off a new or gently-used coat, or any other winter item, at any of the nine Herb Philipson’s locations.
This year the winter weather items are being donated to the Compassion Coalition, which will then distribute the items to adults in need and children at many of our local schools.
Organizers of the coat drive say they decided to work with the Compassion Coalition because of the significant impact they have on the community.
“We wanted people to know about that organization because they do so many good things in the community, epecially for adults and children," said Dave Peroni, marketing manager for Herb Philipson's. "And a lot of the children in schools don't even have necessities as far as clothing and other things, so we thought this would be a good opportunity to collect coats, let Rachel and her organization distribute them and continue a great relationship with with them throughout the year.”
This year they hope to collect 3,000 coats.
Coats can be dropped off at the following Herb Philipson's locations:
- Rome: 1899 Black River Blvd., Rome, NY 13440
- New Hartford: New Hartford Shopping Center - 1 Center St., New Hartford, NY 13413
- Herkimer: 232 W Albany St., Herkimer, NY 13350
- Oneida: 2044 Glenwood Shopping Plaza, Oneida, NY 13421
- Liverpool: 7421 Oswego Rd., Liverpool, NY 13090
- Watertown: 1283 Arsenal St., Watertown, NY 13601
- DeWitt: 3179 Erie Blvd. E., Syracuse, NY 13214
- Newark: 6730 State Rt. 31, Newark, NY 14513
- Oswego: 293 State Rt. 104, Oswego, NY 13126
- Herb Philipson's aims to collect 3,000 coats by Sunday
- Herb Philipson's annual coat drive to begin Friday
- Outdoor retailer 'Herb' Philipson's up for sale
- Longtime employee purchases 'Herb' Philipson's, says 'best is yet to come'
- New owner of 'Herb' Philipson's introduced at Chamber of Commerce meeting
- Police investigate local store theft totaling nearly $3,000
- FDA takes aim at anti-diarrhea high
- Super Bowl Sunday Snow
- Griffo, AT&T kick off annual 'Cell Phones For Soldiers' collection
- Spreading Warmth: Local drive collects more than 600 blankets