HERKIMER – If they can’t get out and shop, the shopping comes to them. Residents in Folts Home had a Black Friday-style event today, and they didn’t even have to change out of their PJs if they didn’t want to!
Residents went from vendor to vendor buying gifts such as purses, soaps, dolls, jewelry and even salsa. And while the Herkimer nursing home does bus trips to places like Walmart, these gift items are personal and a way for residents to surprise their loved ones like they used to.
“When someone comes here to live, their life has changed dramatically,” said Angie Dorantes, activities director for the Folts Home. “And so being able to still be a part of the holiday and do something special for those that they love and give them something special without anyone’s help … that we can help them to do, on our end, it makes the holiday special for them.”
In addition to the craft show, a bake sale was held for the adult daycare family.
- Holiday shoppers stroll at Folts Home brings vendors to residents
- Mug Club: Folts Home Chicken Riggies Dinner
- New Hartford Police : Shoppers...bring your patience
- CVA students bring gift baskets, holiday cheer to local seniors
- Sylvan Beach Residents Still Without Homes
- Sylvan Beach Residents Clean Up Homes
- Local shoppers take on Black Friday in New Hartford area
- Beating holiday back pain
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Swapping holiday sweet treats