The thousandth baby born at Bassett Medical Center this year was born early Thursday morning.
Maverick made his entrance into the world at 3:57 a.m. Thursday. He weighs 8lbs, 10oz, and he’s 21 inches long.
Mom and Dad, Paula Waffle and Eric Johnson, are from Brookfield. Maverick will join another brother and two sisters at home.
He had a bit of a difficult start with the umbilical cord being wrapped around his neck, but he was able to stay in the special care nursery for a few days to receive care.
Maverick's mom says, “My life is very chaotic, but I don’t mind it.”
The birthing center staff gave baby Maverick a specially made blanket to go home with, along with many goodies and baby-related items for Mom and Dad.
Hospital officials say 2017 was their busiest year for babies.
- It's a boy! 1,000th baby born at Bassett Medical Center this year
- Bassett Medical Center nurse accused of video recording employees
- Bassett Medical Center receives $8M grant for new care equipment
- UPDATE : Bassett emergency department now back open
- Former president, CEO of Bassett Healthcare Network to take over once again
- Schumer to feds: Release funds for state VA medical centers
- Otsego County's first baby of the year
- Masonic Medical Research Institute celebrates 60 years, unveils upgrades
- Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- Royal baby name announced