NEW YORK (AP) - Don't expect to see "lady Doritos" on store shelves. The company that makes the cheesy chips says it's not developing a line of Doritos designed specifically for women - despite widespread online speculation that it was.
The phrase "lady Doritos" was trending on social media after PepsiCo Inc.'s longtime CEO Indra Nooyi said on a podcast that women don't like to lick their fingers after eating a bag of Doritos.
Nooyi, who has run the soda and snack company for more than a decade, later said the company is "getting ready to launch" snacks that are "designed and packaged differently" for women.
But PepsiCo said Tuesday that the interpretation of her comments to mean female-specific Doritos were in the works was "inaccurate."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- "Lady Doritos"? It's not happening, PepsiCo says
- What 'Lady Doritos' reveals about the 2018 midterms
- What happened?
- What happens at Davos?
- What happened to Pandora?
- What happened to Allison Mack?
- Armenia protests: What happens next?
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 is happening
- Atlanta airport mess: How does this happen?
- What makes lake-effect snow happen?