Local residents looking for deals on food and fun can soon pick up their 2018 Utica Passport.
Made In Utica is releasing the fifth edition of their Utica Passport on Saturday, May 19 and Sunday, May 20. The passport book includes deals for 20 local businesses, 11 of which have never been featured in the passport before.
Made In Utica says most of the deals – which run from Memorial Day to Labor Day – are meant for two people, and it’s meant to encourage exploration of the local region. Passports are $10 each, and you can preorder them here.
Proceeds from the passport sales will go toward Handshake City, an initiative by Made In Utica to create a revenue-generating urban park and market in the Bagg’s Square area using renovated shipping containers. The project is currently in the development stage.
Along with the Utica Passport comes a collector comic book called “The Big Tip,” and each deal is part of the story. The book was written and penciled by Dave Dellecese, and the ink and finished art was done by Andrew Cieslinski.
The first part of the Passport Party will be 4-7 p.m. Saturday, May 19 at Woodland Farm Brewery, which is one of the businesses featured in the passport. The party will have music from the band D’Funk’D, and proceeds from Jitter Juice sold during the party will go toward Handshake City. Jitter Juice is a beer made in collaboration with Utica Coffee Roasting Co., another business included in the passport.
The second day of the Passport Party will be Sunday, May 20 at Moose River Restaurant, during Stage Time Trivia’s Monthly Trivia Brunch. Brunch begins at 10:30 a.m. and trivia is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Trivia is $5 per person, and funds will also be raised for Handshake City.
Beginning May 21, you can buy your passport at the Tramontane Café.
Participating businesses include:
- Mello’s Subs
- Tramontane Cafe
- Mangia Macrina’s Wood Fired Pizza
- Rio Grande Tex Mex Grill
- Slice Pizzeria
- John Devereux’s Tavern
- Court Vue Luncheonette
- Character Coffee
- Bite Bakery | Cafe
- Utica Coffee Roasting Co
- Utica Children’s Museum
- Squeezers Lemonade & Kettle Corn Truck
- Woodland Farm Brewery
- R1ck’s Roaming BBQ
- Stage Time Trivia
- The Balanced Chef
- Climb Chiropractic Sports Health
- Gentlemen’s Corner Barber Shop
- Jonny B.’s Tavern
- Local deals on food, fun to begin soon with Utica Passport
- Utica passports supports local businesses and new city project
- Local restaurant begins accepting Bitcoin
- Utica Food Pantry donates 500 turkeys with trimmings to locals in need
- A food drive to help local veterans
- New season at Utica-Rome Speedway begins May 6
- High gas prices won't slow summer fun
- Fun facts about the Boilermaker Road Race!
- Utica police investigating local car break-ins
- Farmers, Food & Fitness