WHITESBORO- J. Antonette, also known as Jessica Antonette was one of the few chosen to potentially be on the cover of the 2018 Maxim Covergirl Magazine.
NEWSChannel 2 spoke with her on Monday night about the opportunity and she said she was totally surprised.
Antonette, 30, graduated from Whitesboro High School and she has family who live in the area. She's a singer and songwriter, and got her start as a background singer for Melissa Etheridge.
She's dedicated some of her time to where she grew up, singing at the 2018 Boilermaker Road Race. She also sang the National Anthem at one of the Yankee's games.
There are different rounds of voting for the magazine, and Antonette is in first place in her group. The first round of voting ends on October 27. The winner of the contest will be unveiled in mid-November.
The link to vote for Antonette: https://www.jantonette.com/
- Local woman competing to be on the cover of Maxim magazine
- State fair seeks to maximize use of planned expo center
- Walmart removes Cosmopolitan magazine from checkout aisles
- First widespread snow of the season covers local region
- Russians to compete as neutrals at Olympics
- Westmoreland native competes in 2018 Special Olympics
- Old Forge native Maddie Phaneuf to compete in biathlon Wednesday
- Maddie Phaneuf will likely not compete in women's relay biathlon
- Boston, other marathons say trans women can compete as women
- Robinson to compete for Team USA in Ireland