UPDATE: A Madison Central School District student has been arrested and charged with felony making a terroristic threat, according to the Madison County Sheriff’s Office. The student’s identity has not been released.
Deputies say students at the school reported the threats to school officials and law enforcement, prompting the district to go into lockout on Tuesday, although the district said in a message to parents that the student was not at school.
Deputies say they responded along with New York State Troopers to secure the school from an imminent threats, and the student in question was then located and charged.
K-9 units with the Sheriff’s Office and state police combed the school to ensure no further threats existed.
Deputies say no students were injured in the incident.
MADISON – The Madison Central School District is currently on lockout, according to Superintendent Michael Davis.
Davis says that “everything is safe,” but he’s not at liberty to say why the school district is currently on lockout. However, a message sent to parents Tuesday afternoon said the principal was informed of comments another student made, and law enforcement was notified.
The following email was sent to parents around noon Tuesday:
"Today we had a lockout at Madison Central School. During the school day, a couple of our students went to the principal to inform him of some remarks another student made. Due to these remarks, the sheriff's department was called. The student in question was not in school so the district went into a lockout until the student was in the custody of authorities. At no time were our students in harm and classes went on as usual with the exception of no outside activities."
A message on the school district’s website says, “The Madison Central School District is currently on lockout. All students are safe and classes are taking place as usual.”
- UPDATE: Madison student charged with making terroristic threat
- Proctor student charged with making a terroristic threat
- Herkimer College student charged with making a terroristic threat
- Delaware County teen accused of making terroristic threat against school
- Otsego County man accused of making terroristic threat against school
- Norwich parent accused of making terroristic threat against middle school
- UC student accused of making terroristic threats indicted by grand jury
- Oneida middle school student arrested for allegedly making threats
- Utica College student arrested for making threats which caused lockdown
- UPDATE: Police make arrest after threat against Remington Arms