COOPERSTOWN - The man accused of killing his boyfriend in Oneonta on January 1 has pleaded guilty to the crime.
In Otsego County Court this morning, 25-year-old Joshua Underwood of Deposit, Delaware County, pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter in the death of 52-year-old Mark Morrison of Oneonta.
Police say around 3:30 a.m. January 1, they received a call from Underwood who admitted to killing Morrison. Police say Morrison was found dead in his Main Street apartment due to blunt force trauma to the head, and they say Underwood tried to conceal it by stuffing the apartment doorway with newspapers and setting them on fire.
Underwood was initially charged with second-degree murder, second-degree attempted arson and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Underwood is scheduled to be sentenced on December 15.
- Man pleads guilty to killing boyfriend in Oneonta in January
- Man who admitted to killing boyfriend in Oneonta wants to withdraw plea
- Oneonta man who admitted to killing boyfriend sentenced to 20 years
- Laurens man accused of killing parents pleads not guilty
- Former SUNY Oneonta student pleads guilty to stabbing girlfriend last year
- Isaac Cantu pleads guilty to killing Francis Borasky
- Man pleads guilty to causing crash that killed 3 in February
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- Oneonta's vision for the future