MARCY – A female correction officer at Marcy Correctional Facility is facing a felony rape charge after she allegedly had a sexual relationship with an inmate, according to New York State Police.
Stephanie Sampson, 30, of Utica, is charged with felony third-degree rape, misdemeanor official misconduct, and misdemeanor second-degree promoting prison contraband.
Police say Sampson, who is currently a correction officer trainee, is accused of providing alcohol to an inmate and having a sexual relationship with an inmate at Marcy Correctional Facility.
Sampson was taken into custody and transported to the Oneida County Jail for arraignment. The arrest followed a joint investigation by state police and the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision’s Office of Special Investigations.
Police say the investigation is continuing.
- Marcy correction officer accused of having sexual relationship with inmate
- Inmate pleads guilty to sexually abusing female corrections officer
- Corrections officer accused of bringing marijuana into jail for inmates
- Inmate escapes correction officer custody in Utica
- Female officer injured by inmate at Mohawk Correctional Facility
- Inmate accused of brutally attacking female corrections officer appears in court
- Deputies: Inmate falsely accused another inmate of sexual assault
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- Handcuff keys made from headphone jacks found in Marcy Correctional Facility
- Marcy man accused of making meth in Rome