UTICA – The Mohawk Valley Ballet will once again be performing the Nutcracker at the Stanley Theatre this weekend, and this year the show will have some authenticity with a local family.
The 44th annual holiday tradition highlights real-life siblings from Westmoreland in the grand party scene this year.
The role of Clara is played by 12-year-old Sophie Larish, who receives the nutcracker from her grandfather in the party scene, and jealous Fritz who wants the nutcracker for himself is played by 10-year-old Wesley Larish. The siblings have been performing in the ballet since they were each three years old.
School performances are today and tomorrow, and the show will be open to the public at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2 and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 3.
- Mohawk Valley Ballet's 'The Nutcracker' to hit the Stanley stage this weekend
- Mohawk Valley Ballet to present comedic ballet 'Coppelia' at the Stanley
- Mug Club: Mohawk Valley Ballet to present Coppelia
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- The Mohawk Valley Home Show starts this weekend
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Light up the night at the Stanley