(October 26, 2017)
The Mohawk Valley is not ruling itself out of the race for becoming the next headquarters location for Amazon.
Oneida County officials are currently working with Syracuse area representatives to bring the retail giant to the area, emphasizing the assets of the Griffiss International Airport and Syracuse’s Hancock International Airport.
The offer of $50 billion and as many as 50,000 new full-time jobs is one reason why local representatives are willing to work together to pitch the best regional project to get the company on board.
“Clearly it’s a large request because of the amount of people that Amazon is looking for and the type of demographic in terms of size of the location that they want to place this headquarters on, but I think that anywhere they’re going to look at regions, so I’m comfortable that we put together a great proposal,” said Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente.
Other areas in New York State attempting to court Amazon are the Buffalo and Rochester area, the Capital Region and the New York metro area.
- Mohawk Valley courting Amazon to become new headquarters location
- Amazon releases finalist cities for second headquarters
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- NYC, Buffalo-Rochester bid for Amazon's second headquarters
- NY awards nearly $30M for Mohawk Valley water infrastructure improvements
- Mohawk Valley to receive $85.5M in state REDC funds