UPDATE: Mohawk police say the stolen Jeep has been located with the help of social media and media outlets, but the person who took it is still unknown.
“Thank you to the State Police for confirming the sighting for us,” the Mohawk Police Benevolent Association said on Facebook. “One of our officers is currently with the vehicle awaiting a tow truck.”
Mohawk police are asking anybody with information about who took the vehicle to call the department at 315-866-3492. All calls will be kept confidential.
MOHAWK – The Mohawk Police Department has issued a “be on the lookout” notice for a vehicle that was reported stolen Friday morning.
Police say a black 2012 Jeep Patriot with the New York State registration GVJ1295 was reported stolen in the village of Mohawk between 5 a.m. and 8 a.m. Friday.
Police say that if you locate the vehicle, you should not touch, go near, attempt to pull over or attempt to apprehend anybody within the vehicle. If you see the vehicle, you’re asked to call Mohawk police at 315-866-3492, or call 911.
Anybody with information about the incident is asked to call Mohawk police and reference case No. 18-011. All calls will remain confidential.
- UPDATE: Mohawk police say stolen Jeep is found, but not person who took it
- Trailer Fire in Mohawk
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- UPDATE: Water restored in Sauquoit following Mohawk Street main break
- Mohawk Valley Police Academy swears in 30 new officers
- 29 new recruits begin training at Mohawk Valley Police Academy
- UPDATE: North Carolina family found
- State police investigating stolen ATV in Salisbury
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes