NEW YORK (AP) - New York City police say an officer has fatally shot a man who refused to drop a large knife.
WABC reports that officers with a warrant to search for guns and drugs entered a Bronx apartment at around 4:15 a.m. Tuesday.
They were confronted by a man with the machete-type knife. The man refused an order to drop the weapon and continued to approach.
He was shot in the chest and pronounced dead at a hospital.
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NYPD: Officer fatally shoots man who refuses to drop machete
- NYPD probing sex allegations against Mario Batali
- NYPD: We have considerable evidence in Weinstein rape case
- CNY man refuses to lower Nazi flag flying at home
- Utica man faces sentencing in connection to 2013 fatal shooting
- Dow drops 1,175, biggest-ever point drop
- Police: Oneonta man broke into apartment to retrieve child, refused to leave
- Judge refuses to toss charges facing ex-NY Assembly speaker
- No drop in gas prices anytime soon
- Pedestrian fatalities on the rise