(July 28, 2017)
COOPERSTOWN - One of the newest exhibits at the National Baseball Hall of Fame pays homage to the Chicago Cubs, the most recent World Series champions.
The new exhibit was revealed at the beginning of this month. Some of the items on display include the home jersey worn by Anthony Rizzo during game four and the mitt used by Cubs catcher David Ross throughout the World Series
Today we caught up with one Hall of Fame Cub that’s finally happy to get that ring.
“Just to be a part of that last year was a life-changer for me, even to come out here and to wear the uniform and participate and having a ring under my belt, I mean, that was the goal since 1982 for me when I joined the Cubs,” said 2005 Hall of Fame inductee Ryne Sandberg. “A lot of teammates and a lot of managers and a lot of coaches, we're all going for that ring and came up short with a couple of post-seasons as a player, but to see it all come together and how it's changed ... everything has changed, the way I look at the Cubs organization, and now it's about winning more World Series."
The Hall of Fame will host Cubs Weekend Aug. 26-27, with the 2016 World Series trophy on display at the museum both days.
In the windy city of Chicago, a baby boom could be starting as the nine-month anniversary of the Chicago Cubs' World Series win is here.
To celebrate, the Cubs' team mascot and the World Series trophy visited newborns in a Chicago hospital. The babies were given Cubs onesies, special pinstriped beanies and complimentary memberships in the Cubs' newborn fan club.
Some of the infants have even been given Cubs-themed names. One family named their son Theo after Cubs president Theo Epstein, and another chose the name Addison, one of the cross-streets that Wrigley Field is located on.
- New Cubs exhibit on display at Baseball Hall of Fame
- Chipper Jones visits Baseball Hall of Fame
- Class of 2017 excited for Baseball Hall of Fame induction
- Morris, Trammell elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- MLB donates $10 million to Baseball Hall of Fame endowment
- Five new members inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame
- Boxing Hall of Fame weekend approaches
- 2018 Boxing Hall of Fame Induction ceremony
- New art exhibition on display at Utica College
- Baseball Hall of Fame prepares for new 2017 World Series artifacts