ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - In New York state government news, Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo is poised to unveil new state energy efficiency standards before Earth Day.
The governor vowed to release new standards back in January. Last week, several clean energy and conservation groups delivered thousands of signed petitions supporting an aggressive target. Supporters say greater efficiency standards curb energy demand while creating new jobs.
Meanwhile, Democrats in the state Senate will formally reunite Monday after the dissolution of the eight-member breakaway faction known as the Independent Democratic Conference. Lawmakers will be back in Albany after a two-week break following passage of the budget.
And in the race for governor, Republican Marc Molinaro has tapped former GOP Congressman Chris Gibson of New York to run his campaign.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New York state unveils energy efficient standards
- Village of Boonville installs new energy efficient blower motors at wastewater treatment plant
- Coyote invades New York State Museum
- New York State lawmakers continue budget negotiations
- New York recruits lifeguards for state campgrounds
- Official: New York state trooper, suspect killed
- Locals at the New York State Fair
- Boilermaker unveils new mobile app
- Seward unveils 2018 legislative priorities