WILLIAMSON, N.Y. (AP) - A western New York woman who went into labor in her driveway is thanking a state trooper who came to her aid.
Officials say police received a report of a woman who was in labor at a Williamson home around 5 p.m. Sunday. Trooper Jordan Szklany was nearby and rushed over to help.
Officials say the expectant mother, Jessica, was managing contractions that were less than two minutes apart when Szklany arrived at the scene. Szklany helped the father, Mark, deliver the couple's healthy baby boy.
According to state police, the family was taken to Rochester General Hospital and is doing well.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New York trooper helps deliver baby in driveway
- New York troopers memorialize fallen comrades
- Official: New York state trooper, suspect killed
- Man arrested after hitting two New York State Troopers
- State Trooper hospitalized following shooting in Binghamton
- WATCH: Trump delivers statement on Jerusalem
- Picente delivers State of the County address
- Royal baby name announced
- 208 troopers graduate from NY State Police Academy
- Police: Principal who killed NY trooper had 8 assault rifles