Elected officials in Herkimer County have announced a new joint venture with members of the community to foster positive changes throughout the county.
The Herkimer County Advisory Committee consists of students, business owners and county representatives. They plan to discuss ways to improve education, tourism, economic development, healthcare and housing.
“We're looking for developing a better workforce that will bring in better businesses, more economic opportunities and will stabilize the community, improve tourism, and it's just an upward spiral,” said Sandra Sherwood, district superintendent for Herkimer BOCES. “The more that we can work collectively towards the same goals, the better the outcomes will be for everybody in the community.”
The following organizations are all part of the Herkimer County Advisory Committee:
- Herkimer BOCES
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce
- Herkimer County Industrial Development Corporation
- Herkimer County Housing Authority
- Valley Health Services
- Little Falls Hospital
- Herkimer College
- Herkimer County BOCES
- Herkimer County HealthNET
- New collaboration aims improve quality of life in Herkimer County
- Herkimer Co. Humane Society nixes plans for capital improvement project
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- Water rescue in Herkimer County
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College
- Herkimer Mayor to the Herkimer County IDA : "Take responsibility"
- Local women artists and business owners reject competition, embrace collaboration
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Election Day 2017: Herkimer County races
- Herkimer County Legislators present tentative 2018 budget