HERKIMER, N.Y.--For those with a New Year's resolution to get fit, there's now a new place to work out in the greater Utica region.
Revamp Fitness in Herkimer celebrated their ribbon-cutting ceremony Monday, along with members of the Herkimer Chamber of Commerce.
The N. Washington Street facility offers treadmills, elliptical machines, conditioning equipment, as well as a turf training area.
They also offer personal training and juice bar that's open to both members and nonmembers.
The owner says he chose Herkimer because he believes the aging population there is under-served.
"It helps with osteoporosis, strengthens your bones, it's never too late to start," Owner Jason Crippen said.
Revamp Fitness does not have a website, but they do maintain an active Facebook page, under the name "Revamp Fitness."
- New gym opens in Herkimer
- Herkimer Diamond Mines Opens a New Door
- Two more ‘Warming Stations’ now open in Herkimer County
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College
- Herkimer Mayor to the Herkimer County IDA : "Take responsibility"
- Herkimer Library Welcomes Electric Cars
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- Implementing Herkimer’s Master Plan
- CMN 2018 Thanks Walmart Herkimer
- Herkimer man accused of rummaging through vehicles