DEERFIELD – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk this afternoon to share her recipe for Cran-Apple Muffins.
If you want to catch the last Oneida County Public Market of the year, visit Union Station in Utica from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. The markets are held every other Saturday throughout the winter season.
½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
½ teaspoon grated orange peel
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded (or chopped) tart apple
1. In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and orange peel; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat egg, milk and oil together.
4. Stir egg mix into dry ingredients just until moistened.
5. Fold in apple.
6. Filled greased or paper-lined muffins cups half to two-thirds full.
7. Make a well in center if each muffin and fill with 1-2 teaspoons of cranberry mixture.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cran-Apple Muffins
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Butternut Squash Apple Bake
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Maple Crumble Pie
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Butter Spice Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe