DEERFIELD – Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol joined NewsTalk this afternoon to talk about the increased patrols that will be happening during the New Year’s Eve holiday weekend.
In addition to regular patrols, deputies will out in full force this New Year’s Eve weekend to crack down on drunk driving. Maciol says that whether it’s calling an Uber, having a designated driver or another option, law enforcement just want you to have a plan.
“We have zero tolerance for folks who choose to drink and drive,” Maciol said. “I’ve said it before – if you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to drink and drive, that’s my business.”
The goal this holiday weekend is to keep the roadways safe for everybody in the community. For more from Sheriff Maciol about New Year’s Eve safety, watch the above video.
- NewsTalk: Sheriff Maciol talks New Year's Eve safety
- Sheriff Rob Maciol talks snowmobile safety as winter weather arrives
- Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol announces re-election bid
- Sheriff Rob Maciol, Jodi Warren from CFLR talk 'crushing' opioid epidemic
- Oneida Co. Sheriff Rob Maciol recognizes members for last year's successes
- NewsTalk: Nutritionist Kim Ross talks heart health
- NewsTalk: Nutritionist Kim Ross talks labeling terms
- Sheriff Maciol: Utica woman arrested after trying to assault social worker
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office talks importance of boater safety
- NEWSTALK: 'A Bad Year for Tomatoes'