Photo Gallery 1 Images
One person is dead, a teen is injured, and one man is facing manslaughter and DWI charges after a roll-over crash in Lewis County early Sunday morning.
According to the Lewis County sheriff's department, 23-year-old Mathew Schweinsberg was driving west on soft maple road and lost control of his vehicle around three in the morning.
One passenger, 21-year old Andrew Freeman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other passenger, 19-year-old Madison Furgison was airlifted to SUNY Upstate for lower body injuries. She's in good condition this morning.
Schweinsberg is charged with DWI and manslaughter along with other traffic violations, including unsafe speed. He was arraigned in the Village of Lowville Court.
The investigation continues this morning.
- Man charged with manslaughter, DWI in crash that killed 1 person, injured another
- Vernon crash leads to DWI and Weapon charges
- Woman charged with vehicular manslaughter following Utica crash
- Steuben judge resigns after dismissing DWI charge
- Traffic stop leads to aggravated DWI charge for Rome man
- Man charged with manslaughter in connection to Utica woman's death
- Clayville man charged with Leandra's Law DWI after crashing truck into house
- Deputies: Westmoreland man charged with DWI after crashing truck, leaving scene
- Blossvale woman pleads guilty to killing Utica woman in DWI crash
- Waterville students learn dangers of DWI with mock crash