Former Oneida County Undersheriff Peter Paravati has died, the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office announced this afternoon.
Paravati served as undersheriff in Oneida County from Jan. 1, 1995 through Dec. 31, 2010 under former Sheriff Daniel Middaugh.
During his tenure as undersheriff, Paravati oversaw the completion and opening of the new Oneida County Jail in Oriskany, which added 448 beds and modernized the facility, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Before he served as undersheriff, Paravati worked for the state Commission of Corrections and he was honored by then Gov. Mario Cuomo for his commitment and dedication working with jail-related issues throughout the state.
“The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office sends our most sincere condolences to the family of Undersheriff Paravati during this difficult time,” the notice from Sheriff Rob Maciol read.
The Sheriff’s Office says that funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time, but that information will be provided when it becomes available.
- Oneida Co. Sheriff's Office announces death of former Undersheriff Peter Paravati
- Funeral arrangements announced for former Oneida County undersheriff
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office announces 2018 boater safety courses
- Oneida, Madison county sheriffs announce combined Drug Task Force
- Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol announces re-election bid
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office welcomes 9 new corrections officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office seeks part-time correction officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office investigating National Grid phone scam
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office debuts new smartphone app
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office warns of recent phone scam