NEW HARTFORD – The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office will be hosting a correction officer job fair at Sangertown Square mall this week.
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, members of the Sheriff’s Office will be in the center court of Sangertown Square to talk with members of the public about a career in corrections. You can stop by to learn about job specifications, requirements, benefits and the hiring process.
For those who would like to immediately apply for one of the vacant correction officer positions, applications will be available. There are both full- and part-time positions available, but benefits are only for full-time employees.
The starting salary for full-time Oneida County correction officers after basic training is $40,348, with benefits and a New York State 25-year retirement plan.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications to be an Oneida County correction officer:
- At least 18 years old
- Oneida County resident
- High school graduate/GED
- Valid NYS driver’s license
- Physically fit
- Of good moral character
- Free of felony convictions
- Good communication skills
- Maintain a high work ethic
- Desire to serve
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office to host correction officer job fair this week
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office welcomes 9 new corrections officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office seeks part-time correction officers
- Correction officers needed in Oneida County
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office to host 'Community Coffee' events Friday
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office
- Oneida County correction officer, deputy awarded for their service
- Oneida County Sheriff's office investigating Thanksgiving morning shooting
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office investigating National Grid phone scam
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office offers cold weather safety tips