ONEONTA – Development is continuing at the Oneonta Rail Yards.
Otsego Now is conducting environmental studies so that the site can be included in the city’s master plan. So far, two companies have expressed interest in building at the park due to their interest in transporting goods by railcars.
Otsego Now is also in discussion with another rail company to attract more interest to the site.
“Working with Norfolk Southern, they've identified a number of people that currently use rail siding in the northeast,” said Jody Zakrevsky, CEO of Otsego Now. “Obviously we will be working with them over the next two years to look for additional type of companies that they know of that may have an interest in expanding or relocating to the east coast and shipping to the west coast.”
All of the work being done on the project is privately funded.
- Oneonta Rail Yards may be included in city's master plan
- First stage of Oneonta rail yard gets approved
- Plans for former rail-yard temporarily derailed
- Implementing Herkimer’s Master Plan
- Adirondack Park Agency proposal would allow rail-trail plan
- Asthmatic otter masters inhaler
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- Oneonta's vision for the future
- Oneonta house gutted by fire