A teen is facing several sex abuse charges for allegedly having sexual contact with a child, according to the Otsego County Sheriff’s Office.
The 16-year-old is charged with two counts of first-degree sexual abuse out of the Town of Laurens Court and one count of first-degree sexual abuse out of the Town of Otego Court.
Deputies say the arrest followed an investigation into a report of sexual contact with a female 9-year-old victim. The teen was arrested and arraigned in the Town of Laurens Court, then released to an adult with an order of protection instated.
The teen is scheduled to reappear in both Laurens and Otego court on Thursday, November 16.
- Otsego County teen facing several sex abuse charges
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Sex offender facing new charges for alleged child sexual abuse
- New Hartford psychiatrist Surendra Johri faces new sex abuse charges
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair
- Search leads to drug charges for 3 Otsego County residents
- Election Day 2017: Otsego County races
- Otsego County's first baby of the year