UPDATE: Otsego Street in Ilion has been reopened in both directions, according to state DOT officials. They say the flooding has been cleared.
UPDATE: A section of Otsego Street (Route 51) from Weber Avenue to Fourth Street in the village of Ilion is currently closed due to flooding from Steele Creek. DOT crews are detouring traffic around that area.
ILION – The Otsego Street bridge crossing Steele Creek in Ilion is currently closed due to flooding.
Ice jams in Steele Creek have caused the water to crest over on Ostego Street/Route 51. Avoid that area if you're traveling through Ilion today.
According to state Department of Transportation officials, Herkimer County 911 called to report a large amount of water going into the roadway on Otsego Street near Old Forge Road as well.
Central Valley Academy officials say that some buses may need to be rerouted through that area, but otherwise the bridge closing and flooding is not affecting the school as of now.
Photo courtesy of Travis Costin on Facebook
- UPDATE: Otsego Street in Ilion reopened
- UPDATE: 'Runaway' Ilion teen found safe
- UPDATE: West Main Street in Little Falls fully reopens
- Lamica wins Ilion mayor's race
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- UPDATE: Ilion Police say missing girl has been found
- Ilion woman accused of welfare fraud
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- UPDATE: Route 167 in Little Falls reopened