NEW SCOTLAND, N.Y. (AP) - A popular state park trail beneath a cliff face offering panoramic views of the Albany area is re-opening after a project to make it safer.
The Indian Ladder Trail at John Boyd Thacher State Park is reopening Saturday. The trail was closed as workers removed loose rock from slopes along the trail.
Last summer, a woman hiking along the trail was seriously injured when she was struck by falling rocks.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Park trail reopened as loose rocks removed from cliffs
- 2 Horses on the Loose
- Adirondack Park Agency proposal would allow rail-trail plan
- Riggies, Greens & Rock!
- Judge denies motion to toss twin's Maui cliff crash charge
- Lava rocks at Hamilton College
- Feher Rubbish Removal ceases operations
- Clayville mayor aims to reopen park next month following recent vandalism
- Rails or trails? Agency seeks public input.
- UPDATE: Route 167 in Little Falls reopened