NEW YORK (AP) - Police say Donald Trump Jr.'s wife opened an envelope that contained white powder, felt ill and has been taken to New York City hospital.
They say Vanessa Trump called 911 Monday morning after opening a letter addressed to Donald Trump Jr. at their midtown Manhattan apartment. Police say she said she was coughing and felt nauseous.
The Trump Organization didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. It's unclear what the powder was.
Detectives from the New York Police Department's intelligence division and Secret Service agents are investigating. A spokeswoman for the Secret Service hasn't responded to a request for comment.
Police say a hazmat unit is also at the scene.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police: Donald Trump Jr.'s wife exposed to white powder
- Feds: Massachusetts man sent white powder to Trump son
- Donald Trump Jr. sells America's integrity cheap
- Envían carta sospechosa a Donald Trump Jr.
- Donald Trump Jr. to host Trump Tower buyers from India
- Donald Trump Jr. and Vanessa Trump are separating
- Donald Trump Jr. in private interview with House panel
- Donald Trump Jr. asks House Intel Committee to investigate leaks
- Judiciary chairman plans to release Donald Trump Jr. transcript
- Donald Trump Jr. will dine with apartment buyers in India